Answering the Call
The NAACP has a long and rich history of volunteer lawyers who “answer the call” to protect civil rights. In this most critical time, we are once again sending out the call for lawyers, law students, and paralegals to contribute their skills and expertise.
The NAACP needs lawyers, law students, and paralegals to “answer the call” and volunteer to protect the right to vote and make our Election Day efforts a success.
- Serve as Captains for the Election Protection hotline (866-OUR-VOTE) with the NAACP and its coalition partners.
- Staff NAACP call centers on Election Day.
- Provide election protection assistance at polling locations during early voting periods and on election day.
- Assist NAACP State Conferences and Local Units in their efforts to protect the right to vote.
- Provide subject-matter expertise on real-time challenges to exercising the right to vote, including responding to instances of voter suppression.
Volunteers do not need to have expertise in voting rights issues to make a difference! Volunteers will participate in training sessions to prepare for volunteer shifts!